Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I am a Smart One

So recently, my couponing class has finally started to pay off....BIG!  Check out the deal I got today....


Is that my freezer filled with Weight Watcher Smart Ones meals??  Why, yes it is....24 packages to be exact...that, thanks to the gals at truecouponing.com, cost me a whopping $9.23.  Did you hear me?  I paid .41 a piece for those puppies.  Can you buy lunch for .41??  I did today....for 24 days!  How, you may ask?  Well here's the breakdown:

  1. Target had these on sale for $1.80 a piece.
  2. Target also had a special, that if you bought 7 you would get a $5.00 gift card back.
  3. Previously, I had signed up for Weight Watchers coupons from their website, and they sent me an email for $5.00 off when you bought 12.
  4. Currently Target has a $5.00 off 10 posted on their website that you could print.

So, I printed 2 of the manufacturer coupons (from Weight Watchers), and 2 store coupons (from Target).  That equaled $20.00 off my purchase.  Bought 24 Weight Watcher meals for $1.80 each.  And, Target PAID ME 3 gift cards for $5.00 each as a reward.  So for those of you who are number people:

Price before Coupons:  24 x $1.80 = $43.20
Minus Coupons:  $43.20-$20.00 = $23.20
Plus Tax:  $23.20 + 7% =$24.83
Minus 3 Gift Cards:  $24.83-$15.00 = $9.83

$9.83!!!

I think that qualifies me as being a "Smart One" as well!

Does couponing sound interesting to you?  Check out http://www.truecouponing.com/ and look for their free training classes, and sign up on their email list!





1 comment:

Casey said...

Yes, you are smart!!! I wish I could "get" this couponing stuff- but you know my brain does not function with numbers AT ALL. Maybe I need you to write a book called Couponing for Dummies for people like me!