Saturday, July 30, 2011

Curl-tastic

For those of you who aren't familiar with Style Lush and Food Lush, here's your chance to learn about two of the coolest blogs on the planet.  I have to admit I have been checking out Style Lush almost daily for over the past year, and am always amazed at the fabulous things posted.  They always give great ideas and tips for house, beauty, and shopping.  Lots of fun!  Today, I logged on and saw one of the BEST tips yet!  Are you ready????

NO. HEAT. CURLS.

Yes, you heard that right......curls without a curling iron or rollers.  Check out the post here:


I've got my hair in the cute updo now, and am anxiously awaiting my "curly-do" later!!  Enjoy!

4 comments:

april said...

So? How did it go? I also planned on doing it today, but I couldn't find any of my head bands so I had to get headbands today and we're going overnight with the updo.

Casey said...

Okay, this looks interesting. Have you tried it? I think you should and post before and after pictures. I watched the video but kept laughing at the girls accent- do "Dis" hahaha! OMG.

StyleLush does have interesting things on there from time to time, but some of the writers are weird and have odd stalkers/groupies! Hmmmph.

Shea-Shea said...

I actually HAVE done this several times already and it is AWESOME! After several different attempts, the best attempt was when I did it with my hair completely dry! I just ran my hands through some running water, and then quickly through my already brushed and styled hair, did the hair band, and ran around all day. The hair band looked cute, and the hair looked styled. That evening, I took it down, and it was FABULOUS!! I did try to sleep in it overnight and do it with semi-wet hair, and I felt it didn't turn out as nice. Let me know how you do!

april said...

I did it twice, both times with wet hair and I wasn't thrilled with the results even though I got tons of compliments on it. I'll have to try it your way, starting dry.

And I wonder if I would be considered one of the odd stalker/groupies? I comment a lot, but I actually follow a few of the writers' other blogs and did so before foodlush/stylelush came to fruition (like Jennie and Jonna). And I made the caterpillar cake! :)asn't thrilled with the results even though I got tons of compliments on it. I'll have to try it your way, starting dry.

And I wonder if I would be considered one of the odd stalker/groupies? I comment a lot, but I actually follow a few of the writers' other blogs and did so before foodlush/stylelush came to fruition (like Jennie and Jonna). And I made the caterpillar cake! :)