Monday, January 30, 2012

Pinterest Inspiration

So, as you all know, Pinterest is highly addictive....and very inspirational.  I am constantly pinning all sorts of cool ideas, crafts, beauty tricks, etc.  Many people think that Pinterest just inspires you to spend money you don't have on stuff you really didn't know you needed.  But I disagree!!  Pinterest gives me great ideas on how to update things I already have, making my home fun and stylish without spending too much money.  For example, check out my new front door decor:

I've had this wrought iron "S" for over 5 years sitting in my closet.  It was originally purchased at Homegoods for $9 and it was RED.  I bought it, painted it black, and then never found a place to hang it, so stuffed into a closet it went!  Then, enter Pinterest.  Inspired by other wreaths I saw, I painted the "S" yellow, added some cute ribbon I already had, and VOILA!  Now I am set for the spring.  And, the best part is, if I ever get tired of it, I can just re-paint and change the ribbon!

So, if you haven't gotten up and looked around your place for a pinterest make-over item, get to it!  You will be so glad you did.

No comments: